Intro Ages 7 to 10
Designed to develop fundamentals and skills in young athletes, the Race Introduction Program (RIPPERS) progresses strong skiing skills through a variety of terrain. Zipping through groomed runs, bumps, powder, crud and ice, children ages 7 to 10 within structured groups will encounter an introduction to ski racing emphasized through ski racing drills, brushes, and gates in varied terrain.
The Race Introduction Program (RIPPERS) is meticulously crafted to nurture essential skills in budding athletes. Designed for children aged 7 to 10, this program seamlessly advances their skiing abilities across diverse terrains. Whether it’s navigating groomed runs, conquering bumps, gliding through powder, handling crud, or mastering icy slopes, RIPPERS ensures comprehensive skill development. Structured group sessions are the key, as young skiers delve into the world of ski racing, honing their expertise through focused drills, brushes, and gate exercises across a dynamic landscape.
- RIPPERS is a race introduction program available on Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m. throughout the season.
- Athletes can join the program Sundays and Wednesdays for $1499, or choose our Sunday-only option for $999.
- Lift tickets are not included in the price. Season pass recommended.
- On Sundays, lunch is NOT provided but is supervised. Parents must provide a bag lunch.
- Tryouts ($50 Cost) for this program will be on December 10th at 9:30 am. Please check in at the MLC desk located inside the Daylodge.
January 7, 14, 21, 28
February 4, 11 ,18 , 25
March* 3, 10, 24, 31
January 11, 18, 25
February 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
March* 7, 21, 28
Dec. 22, 23
Dec. 29, 30
Mar. 11, 12
- Athletes must be able to load the chair by themselves unsupervised.
- Athletes must be able to ski the entire mountain, on and off piste, with skis maintaining a parallel relationship including North Face.
- Athletes must be comfortable skiing at a group pace and demonstrate control.
- Athletes are to have 1 pair of skis that facilitate carving (they do not need to be SL or GS specific). NO twin tips or powder skis. (Powder skis are absolutely acceptable on powder days at coaches’ discretion, but will not be the main skis used for the season).
- This Program is to develop the athletes’ skills and fundamentals with a ski racing emphasis. A certain level of enthusiasm and competitive spirit will be pursued.
Ripper Coaches offer both a Christmas and Spring Break Camp for those who make the team. The 3 holiday day camp will be $199.
LESSON CANCELLATION & CHANGE POLICY
- The program fee is structured such that each enrolled participant is paying for the option to attend every lesson day offered during the session. Accordingly, program fees are not pro-rated on a per-day basis and there shall be no provision for partial refunds in the event a child misses one or more lesson days.
- There are no make-up days for individuals who miss a lesson day. In the rare event of a full mountain closure on a lesson day, Alyeska will designate a make-up day for all affected session participants. If a student cannot or chooses not to participate on the designated make-up day, there will be no additional make-up days provided.
*Prices are reflected to the best of our ability, subject to change based on provider
ARE RENTALS INCLUDED WITH MY LESSON? WHERE AND WHEN CAN I PICK THEM UP?
Rentals are not included with lessons. All rental equipment must be picked up and properly fitted prior to your lesson start time. Alyeska Rental shops open at 8:30am, but allow fittings starting after 3:00pm the night prior to schedule rental start date. Rental shop is available inside the Alyeska Hotel and Day Lodge Base facility Please plan adequate time to pick up and fit your rental equipment in advance. We recommend scheduling a rental fit time appointment for the night prior to your lesson date. Guests without an advanced rental fit appointment or “walk-ins” are not guaranteed immediate rental service and should expect longer wait times.
WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE DAY-OF LESSONS ON-SITE?
It is highly recommended to book lessons as far in advance as possible due to the limited capacity. It is not uncommon for lessons to fill up weeks in advance depending on the time of year.
IS LUNCH INCLUDED WITH MY LESSON?
Lunch is included with our all day lesson products.
IS LIFT ACCESS INCLUDED WITH MY LESSON?
Lift access is required and NOT included with lessons. If you are a pass holder you do not need additional lift access/tickets. If you are a non-pass holder, choose ‘add-on lift ticket’ or other lift ticket option during the booking process.
NOTE: Children age 5 and under ski free.
HOW WILL MY LESSON BE GROUPED?
Our Snowsports School group lessons are tailored specifically for educational needs of the age and skill level to maximize time on the snow. Group sizes vary depending on the ability. Private lessons (Age 6+) are groups of to 3 of your choosing, and Young Kids Private Lessons are groups up to 2, but must be of similar skill level and type (ski or snowboard).
WHAT ARE THE LESSON TIMES?
We ask that guests please arrive 15 minutes prior to lesson start time, to allow adequate time for group organization.
Group Lessons Half Day AM: 10:00am – 1:00pm Half Day PM: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
All Day Group Lessons: 10:00am – 4:30pm
Private Lessons: All Day: 10:00am – 4:30pm Half Day AM: 10:00am – 1:00pm Half Day PM: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
WHAT ARE THE DEPOSIT AND CANCELATION POLICIES?
Lesson reservations must be paid in full at time of booking and are nonrefundable.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A HELMET?
Helmets are required for all SnowSports Lesson participants, ages 17 and under. Helmets are strongly recommended while skiing or riding as they may make a difference in reducing and/or preventing some types of head injuries. We also highly encourage students in our Adult SnowSports Lessons to wear helmets. Make sure the helmet you wear fits properly and has not been damaged. Bear in mind a helmet will not prevent all head injuries and you must always ski/ride in control as part of Your Responsibility Code. If you need a helmet, there are rental helmets available at our Alyeska Rental Shops.
WHAT DO I WEAR AND BRING?
- Helmet – Required for ages 17 and under
- Eye protection – goggles or sunglasses
- Sunscreen applied before lesson
- Snack in jacket
- Mittens or gloves
- One pair of socks
- Don’t forget to drink lots of water! Please bring a reusable, collapsible cup or bottle to use at one of our refill stations
- Ski or snowboard boots and gear, fitted in advance of lesson start time